We're all at Fault, Even Me

I was at the Lowe's Plaza today (March 6, 2015). As I started to pull out of my parking spot I witnessed a very elderly lady fall on the sidewalk outside of the Dollar Tree. I was already at the stop sign not far from where I saw this poor woman fall so I put the car in park and took off running to help her. She told me that she tripped on a shopping cart and pointed to three carts sitting on the walkway next to the building and the one that caused her fall had no front wheels on it. Next thing I know some selfish jerk pulled up behind my empty car and honked his horn for me to get out of his way. He must have been someone really important because he couldn't be bothered to get off his fat ass and come help me. Instead, he just looked right at us and drove off in a huff without an ounce of compassion or empathy.
This was an accident that did not have to happen but it did because of some thoughtless, lazy jerk who couldn't be bothered to walk the carts six feet back into the store and put it away where it could not do any damage or hurt anyone. Someone could have pushed the carts off to the side and out of the way but no one did, not even me. People just walked around them, including me, assuming it was someone else's problem. That really bothers me. I wish I had been thinking straighter than I was. All I thought about when I saw those carts was how fed up I am with inconsiderate people who are too lazy to take responsibility for putting their shopping carts where they belong. Now that I am not so wiped out I feel ashamed of myself for not taking action to prevent this accident.
This woman was in her nineties and very frail. She was injured in the fall and she was in shock. She could not get up off the sidewalk on her own. As hard as I tried to help her up I couldn't do it alone. Another thing that really bothered me was the group of young girls that just stood there watching and doing nothing. I had to call them over to help me get this poor woman back on her feet and into her car. I had to order one of them to go get the store manager to make sure this was reported in case something happened later that would put this sweet little old lady in the hospital. I don't understand people these days. I really don't.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Hell Is Happening Here?

Let me tell you a story; The Progression of a Pond

Silly Bitch